How to Get Your UMID CARD: An Up-to-Date 2023 Guide
The UMID or Unified Multi-Purpose ID is an essential identification card for Filipinos who are members of the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund. It’s a convenient and secure way to access various services and benefits from these government agencies.
If you don’t have a UMID card yet, don’t worry! In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of getting your UMID card in 2023. Just follow these instructions to apply for and receive your UMID card.
Step 1: Gather the Required Documents
Before you start the application process, make sure you have all the necessary documents.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Two valid IDs, one of which must have your photo and signature
- A filled-out UMID card application form
For valid IDs, you can use any of the following:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
- Police clearance
- Barangay certification
- Certification from the Office of Muslim Affairs (OMA)
- Certification from the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP)
- Senior Citizen ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or Immigrant Certificate of Registration (ICR)
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) eCard
- Social Security System (SSS) ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Pag-IBIG ID
- Company ID issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), or Insurance Commission (IC)
For the UMID card application form, you can download it from the SSS website (https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=umid-form.pdf), or get a copy from the office where you plan to apply.
Step 2: Fill Out the UMID Card Application Form
After you have all the required documents, fill out the UMID card application form completely and accurately. Make sure to provide your full name, date of birth, and other personal information as requested. Don’t forget to affix your signature where required.
Step 3: Go to an SSS Branch Office
Once you have completed the UMID card application form, bring it along with your valid IDs to any SSS branch office. You can find a list of SSS branches on their website.
Step 4: Submit the Requirements and Have Your Photo and Fingerprint Taken
Submit your UMID card application form at the SSS branch and present your two valid IDs. The staff will verify your information and take your photo and fingerprints.
The photo and fingerprints will be used to create the biometric information that will be encoded on your UMID card. This biometric information is an added security feature that makes it harder to forge or duplicate your UMID card.
Step 5: Pay the UMID Card Fee (for Replacement Only)
If you’re applying for a replacement UMID card because you lost or damaged your previous one, you must pay a replacement fee of Php 200.
However, if you’re a first-time applicant, you won’t have to pay anything! The UMID card is free for new applications.
Step 6: Check the Status of Your UMID Card Application
After submitting your UMID card application, you will need to wait for some time before your card is ready for release. The processing time may vary depending on various factors, so it’s essential to check the status of your UMID card application regularly.
You can check your UMID card status on the SSS website if you have an online SSS account.
- Go to the My.SSS portal (https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/portal/home) and log in using your user ID and password.
- Hover your mouse over the E-Services menu and click on “Inquiry.”
- Hover your mouse over the Member Info menu and click on “SSS ID card.”
- The “SSS ID Card Production Information” table will appear, showing the date/s when your UMID card was generated and/or packaged, and whether it’s already for packaging or mailing.
If you provided your email address in your UMID application, you may also receive a status update from the SSS via email. If you haven’t received any update or notification about your UMID card status, you may follow it up with the SSS ID Card Production Department (IDCPD) by emailing them at [email protected] In your email, include your full name, 10-digit SSS number, and UMID application date, and attach images of your valid IDs.
The SSS IDCPD will reply to your email with the tracking number, your Common Reference Number (CRN), and a screenshot of the post office transaction, including the delivery date and reason for Return to Sender.
If you still don’t receive any response after several days, you may call the SSS hotline at (02) 920-6446 to 55 or visit the nearest SSS branch to inquire about your UMID status.
Remember that the processing time for UMID ID card applications may vary depending on various factors, so it’s essential to be patient and regularly check the status of your application.
Step 7: Activate and Claim Your UMID Card
When your UMID card is ready, you will receive a notification from the SSS office. You can then activate and claim your UMID card at the same office where you applied.
During the activation process, the staff will ask you to choose a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your UMID card. This PIN will be used to access your personal information and other services through your UMID card.
Make sure to bring a valid ID when claiming your UMID card. The staff will verify your identity and give you your UMID card.
Step 8: Enjoy the Benefits of Your UMID Card
Congratulations! You now have your UMID card, and you can start enjoying its benefits. With your UMID card, you can access various services and benefits from SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund, such as:
- Online transactions with SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund
- Cashless transactions in select government hospitals and health centers
- Electronic capture of your contributions and loans with SSS and GSIS
- Integration of your contributions and records with PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG Fund
- And more!
The UMID card is a convenient and secure way to access services and benefits from various government agencies in the Philippines. By following this step-by-step guide, you can easily apply for and receive your UMID card in 2023.
Remember to keep your UMID card safe and secure once you receive it. It is a valuable identification card that gives you access to essential benefits and services. If you ever lose or damage your UMID card, you can always apply for a replacement card following the same steps outlined in this guide.
Follow the Out of Town Travel Blog on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest if you want more travel and food-related updates.
- SSS Death and Funeral Benefit 101: Qualifications, How to Claim, and More
- Easy Ways to Pay Your SSS Contributions Online
- GUIDE: How to apply for SSS Salary Loan Online