Where to Eat in Puerto Princesa
Table of Contents
The Philippines is abundant with majestic islands and there are still hidden gems within the country and waiting to be discovered by everyone. Puerto Princesa, the City of Paradise doesn’t only offer white sand beaches but also good food. Here are some great places where to eat in Puerto Princesa.
Kinabuchs Grill & Bar
Good food + great ambiance = Perfect! That’s how I can describe my experience at Kinabuch Grill & Bar. The place is sure to be crowded, hence that didn’t stop us to try what they offer. Both indoor and outdoor spaces are really cozy.
I really loved their sizing, Crispy Pata, Gising-gising, and Lapu-Lapu. We also tried the Tamilok which is a classic Palawan Delicacy. Tamilok is a special wood-worm mollusk service. Judging from its name, the dish is nothing close to disgusting and definitely a gastronomic adventure.
- Address: Rizal Ave, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Operating Hours: Open daily, 5:00 P.M – 1:00 A.M
- Contact Number: (048) 433-2580
Love seafood? Then this is the place that you should visit and try out with your friends and family. The Ka Lui restaurant serves only seafood and vegetables for their customers. The wide variety of menus can surprise you as it depends on the catch of the day.
- Address: 369 Rizal Ave, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Operating Hours: Opens Daily
- Lunch: 11:00 A.M – 2:00 P.M
- Dinner: 6:00 P.M – 10:30 P.M
- Contact Number: (048) 433-2580
- Website: http://www.kaluirestaurant.com/
Badjao Seafront Restaurant
As the name depicts, the view from the Badjao Seafront Restaurant is fantastic. They make sure that they only serve fresh ingredients for their dishes. With that being said, the food here is delicious and worth a try. What I like the most is the sunset view from the sea.
There are mangroves surrounding the rest that accents its location and you should definitely put this on your list. Hence, the place can be crowded during sunset, so you might want to consider that.
- Address: Abueg Road, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
- Operating Hours: Open daily, 10:00 A.M – 11:00 P.M
- Contact Number: (048) 433-9912
If you are looking for a really good, authentic Vietnamese noodles at a cheap price, Viet Ville is the place to be. Chaolong is really popular not only for the locals but also for the tourist and you must try this once you visit the resto.
- Address: Km 13, Bgy. Sta. Lourdes, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Operating Hours: Open daily, 9:00 A.M – 9:00 P.M
Veranda Restaurant by Skylight Hotel
OMG! That’s the only word I can describe how our experience at the Skylight Hotel Seafood Restaurant is. Live seafood will be cooked to let you know how fresh their ingredients are. The best meal we ever had!
From Aligue (crab fat) rice, sweet chili, crab, squid, lobsters, everything is mouthwatering. It’s like you want to spend your day eating and trying out their entire menu. Make sure to give it a try once you visit Puerto Princesa.
- Address: 210-A Rizal Avenue Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Contact Number: (048) 434-4872 / (048) 434-7176
- Website: http://skylighthotelpalawan.com/
Ka Inato Restaurant
Once you entered the premises of the restaurant, you will instantly notice the colorful wooden sculptures and the place are also decorated with some paintings. Their specialty is Chicken Inasal and serves really good food.
What I loved about the place is that they also hire deaf and mute employees. There are also signages to teach their customers on how to do sign language, which I find really amusing.
- Address: C4 Compound, San Manuel, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Operating Hours: Open daily, 10:00 A.M – 10:00 P.M
- Contact Number: (048) 434-1721/ +63917-553-1721
This is the very first craft beer brewery in Palawan and definitely, a must visit spot in Puerto Princesa. They have five different flavors that you should try: Ambog Ale, Palawan Wit, Palaw’an, Ayahay IPA, and Hunter.
- Address: 82 Manalo St, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Operating Hours: Monday – Saturday, 1:00 P.M – 9:00 P.M
- Contact Number: (048) 725-6950/ +63917-559-9109
- Website: http://www.palawenobrewery.com/
Señordamla Restaurant at Microtel Puerto Princesa
We stayed at Microtel Palawan during our Puerto Princesa tour and I would surely recommend this to my friends and family. Why? It’s because the location of the hotel is near the beach and has a great customer service.
They’re really friendly, accommodating and professional. I would say, that’s one reason why I enjoyed our stay here, it’s because of the positive vibe that the employees emit from their sweet smiles. They also offer free shuttle service, which is really convenient.
They also served really delectable dishes like Adobo, Kare Kare, Salad, Fish Kebab and Shrimp barbecue. While you enjoy eating your food, you can experience the true meaning of dining by the sea.
The hotels’ facility and amenities were great too, the rooms were clean and very spacious. There’s also fast Wi-Fi connection here, though they are only available in the common areas.
Palawan itself is already a great tourist spot, so make sure to list down these places from Puerto Princesa where you can enjoy good food and great locations at the same time.
Flights to Puerto Princesa City
AirAsia has daily flights to To Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. For flight schedules and online flight booking, visit www.airasia.com.
- Nagtabon Beach Cove in Puerto Princesa
- Island Hopping in Puerto Princesa – Pambato Reef, Honda Bay and Snake Island
- 25 Photos and Reasons That Prove Palawan is the Best Island in the World
- Top Tips for Planning Your Underground River Tour
- The Puerto Princesa Underground River