#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations on August 3, 2019 (Saturday)
Table of Contents
(Manila, Philippines) – Several LGU’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Saturday, August 3, 2019, due to the inclement weather brought by Southwest Monsoon.
What is southwest monsoon in the Philippines?
Throughout the rest of the year, the Philippines experiences the west or southwest wind; southwest monsoon, which in turn is referred to as the Habagat. The habagat season is characterized by hot and humid weather, frequent heavy rainfall, and a prevailing wind from the west.
Walang Pasok Updates: Agosto 3, Sabado
(As of 09:45 PM, August 2, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Saturday:
Schools and Universities
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) — National Capital Region branches and campuses except for classes in College of Law and Graduate School) source GMA News
- University of Makati
National Capital Region
- Caloocan – all levels, public and private
- Las Piñas – all levels, public and private
- Malabon – all levels, public and private
- Makati – preschool to high school, public and private
- Mandaluyong – all levels, public and private
- Manila – all levels, public and private
- Marikina – all levels, public and private
- Parañaque City – all levels, public and private
- Pasay – all levels, public and private
- Pateros – all levels, public and private
- Quezon City – all levels, public and private
- San Juan – all levels, public and private
- Taguig City – all levels, public and private
- Valenzuela City – all levels, public and private
- Bacoor, Cavite – all levels, public and private
- Imus, Cavite – all levels, public and private
- Rizal – all levels, public and private
- No announcement yet
- No announcement yet
- No announcement yet
Typhoon Update by PAGASA Issued at 9:45 PM, 2, August 2019
At 3:00 PM today, the Low-Pressure Area (LPA) was estimated based on all available data at°1,060 km East of Virac, Catanduanes (14.4°N, 134.0°E). Southwest Monsoon affecting the western section of Luzon.
Forecast Weather Conditions
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Metro Manila, Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Zambales and Bataan||Monsoon rains||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due to light to moderate to at times heavy monsoon rains|
|The rest of Central Luzon||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flashfloods or landslide during severe thunderstorms|
|Bicol Region, Visayas, Caraga and Davao Region||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Trough of LPA||Possible flashfloods or landslide during severe thunderstorms|
|The rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flashfloods during severe thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Southwest Monsoon Updates: Classes for Saturday, August 3, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to bad weather.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
- The complete list of Philippine Holidays and Long Weekends for 2019
- #WalangPasok: Class suspensions on Friday, August 2, 2019