#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for November 8, 2019 (Friday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Friday, November 8, 2019, in commemoration of the 6th anniversary of Super Typhoon Yolanda.
Walang Pasok Updates: Nobyembre 8, Biyernes
(As of 9:01mm, November 7, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Friday:
Cities and Provinces
- Tacloban City: all levels, public and private schools
- Tanauan, Leyte (suspension effective at 10 am) all levels, public and private schools
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Tuesday, November 5, 2019, have been canceled in some areas in commemoration of the 6th anniversary of Super Typhoon Yolanda.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.