#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for November 7, 2019 (Thursday)
Table of Contents
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Thursday, November 7, 2019, due to inclement weather brought about by Tropical Storm Quiel.
Walang Pasok Updates: Nobyembre 6, Miyerkules
(As of 3:01pm, Nov 7, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Thursday:
- Iloilo City – Pre-school to Senior High School (source)
Schools and Universities
- Cagayan State University – Sanchez Mira, Piat and Lasam Campus only (source)
Philippine Weather Tropical Storm Quiel Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 AM, 06, Nov 2019
“QUIEL” SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIES WHILE REMAINING ALMOST STATIONARY OVER THE WEST PHILIPPINE SEA.
- Between today and tomorrow morning, Tropical Storm “QUIEL” and the Tail-End of a Cold Front will bring light to moderate with occasional heavy rains over Babuyan Islands, Pangasinan, Zambales, Bataan, Occidental Mindoro, Antique, and portions of Palawan (Cuyo Islands and Kalayaan Islands). Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains will be experienced over Batanes, Apayao, Ilocos Norte, Aklan, Iloilo, Oriental Mindoro, and the rest of Cagayan and Palawan (including Calamian Islands).
- Residents of the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to floods and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small sea vessels, over the northern and western seaboards of Luzon due to potentially rough sea conditions.
- “QUIEL” is forecast to intensify into a Severe Tropical Storm within 24 hours and remains less likely to make landfall in any part of the country.
- Active tropical cyclone outside the PAR: At 10:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “HALONG” was located based on all available data at 2,960 km East of Extreme Northern Luzon (20.9°N, 150.4°E) with maximum sustained winds of 215 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 265 km/h. It is moving North slowly and is not expected to enter the PAR.
Location of Eye/center
At 10:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm “QUIEL” was estimated based on all available data at 465 km West Southwest of Subic, Zambales or 465 km West Northwest of Coron, Palawan (13.5 °N, 116.2 °E )
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
- 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): 430 km West Northwest of Coron, Palawan(13.4°N, 116.5°E)
- 48 Hour (Friday morning): 505 km West Northwest of Coron, Palawan(13.1°N, 115.7°E)
- 72 Hour (Saturday morning): 785 km West of Coron, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(13.2°N, 113.1°E)
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Thursday, November 7, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.