#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for November 13, 2019 (Wednesday)
Table of Contents
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Wednesday, November 13, 2019, due to inclement weather brought about by Tropical Depression Ramon.
Walang Pasok Updates: Nobyembre 13, Miyerkules
(As of 3:01am, Nov 13, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Wednesday:
- Northern Samar — All levels (Public and Private)
Philippine Weather Tropical Depression Ramon Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 PM, 12, Nov 2019
Tropical Depression RAMON MAINTAINS ITS STRENGTH WHILE MOVING WESTWARD.
- Tomorrow, light to moderate with occasional heavy rains may be experienced over Bicol Region and Northern Samar. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over Eastern Samar, Samar, Romblon, Marinduque, and Southern Quezon.
- On Thursday, light to moderate with occasional heavy rains may be experienced over Isabela, Aurora, Quirino, Northern Quezon including Polillo Islands and Camarines Norte. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over Cagayan, Nueva Vizcaya, Romblon, Marinduque and the rest of Bicol Region and Quezon.
- Residents in the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small sea crafts, over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, as well as the seaboards of Northern Luzon and the eastern seaboards of Central Luzon, Southern Luzon and Visayas due to prevailing or forecast rough sea conditions.
- Tropical Depression “RAMON” is forecast to intensify into a Tropical Storm within the next 24 hours.
Location of Eye/center
At 10:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “RAMON” was estimated based on all available data at 585 km East of Borongan City, Eastern Samar (12.0 °N, 130.8 °E )
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
- 24 Hour (Tomorrow evening): 335 km East of Catarman, Northern Samar(12.9°N, 127.7°E)
- 48 Hour (Thursday evening): 320 km East of Infanta, Quezon(14.8°N, 124.6°E)
- 72 Hour (Friday evening): 115 km East of Casiguran, Aurora(16.1°N, 123.2°E)
- 96 Hour (Saturday evening): In the vicinity of Ilagan, Isabela(17.1°N, 121.9°E)
- 120 Hour (Sunday evening): In the vicinity of Nueva Era, Ilocos Norte(17.9°N, 120.7°E)
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Wednesday, November 13, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.