#WalangPasok: Class cancellations for July 11, 2018 (Wednesday)
(Manila, Philippines) Classes in some areas in the Philippines might also be suspended on Wednesday, July 11, due to inclement weather caused by Super Typhoon Gardo (international name: Maria).
Here’s a list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes on Wednesday, July 11 due to southwest monsoon brought about by Typhoon Gardo:
- Zambales LGU announced class suspensions (All Levels) for July 11, due to inclement weather. source: Twitter
- no announcement yet
- no announcement yet
Super Typhoon Gardo Updates
According to the latest weather bulletin issued by PAGASA, Typhoon Gardo is still moving west-northwest at a relatively fast 30 kilometers per hour (hm/h).
“GARDO” may enhance the Southwest Monsoon (Habagat) which will bring monsoon rains over Zambales, Bataan, Cavite, Batangas, Mindoro, Northen Palawan, Romblon and occasional rains will prevail over Metro Manila, Western Visayas, and the rest of Central Luzon, and of Southern Luzon until tomorrow ( July 11). Residents of these areas, especially those living in low-lying and mountainous areas, are advised to take appropriate actions against possible flooding and landslides resulting from heavy rains.
Typhoon Gardo (Maria) is expected to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) between July 10 and early morning of July 11, 2018.
Department of Education (DepEd) class suspension guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Please refresh this page for additional updates on class suspensions and flight cancellations.