Greater Subic Bay Tourism Bureau in cooperation with Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA), together with Canon Philippines and The Lighthouse Marina Resort has launched a photography contest that is open for all amateur and professional photographers all over the country.
A Resort in Subic
The contest will culminate on on October 16, 2010 with the awarding of winners. Entries will highlight the best sights (landmarks and events) of Bataan, Olongapo, Subic Bay Freeport, and Zambales (BOSZ), and will form part of our tourism development program for Subic .
Prices at stake are the following : 1st prize Php 20,000, 2nd prize Php 15,000, 3rd prize Php 10,000 and seven (7) special prizes of Php 2,000 each. Each winner will also receive Trophy, Certificate and Canon Premium Items.
Photo Contest Mechanics
Landmarks and Events of Bataan, Olongapo City, Subic Bay Freeport and Zambales
- Bataan : Pawikan Conservation Center, Mt. Samat
- Olongapo : Mt. Balimpayo Ridge (Olongapo’s Highest Point) at Tabacuhan, Sta. Rita; Sitio Mampuweng Falls at IRAM, New Cabalan; RM Drive Nightlife; Color Code Jeepneys; Public Market; World Peace Memorial at Kalapati; Olongapo Lighthouse in Kalaklan
- Subic Bay : Seaport; Airport; Rainforests; APEC Villas; El Kabayo Falls; Old Admiral’s House in Binictican; Bats; Monkeys;Raising of the Biggest flag in front of Bldg. 229; Most scenic portion of SCTEX; Shipwreck in Subic Bay
- Zambales : Sunken Village and Lake Mapanuete at San Marcelino, Mango Orchard at Palauig, Aeta Village reflecting Aeta Culture at Botolan, Old Churches, Waterfallsin Zambales Area, Ina Poon Bato at Botolan, Watersports in San Antonio, San Narciso and San Felipe, Anawangin Cove at Pundaquit, San Antonio
Participants that will be chosen on the preliminary elimination will be notified through e-mail and text and are invited to join the afternoon judging and awarding ceremony on October 16, 2010.
- The photo contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers of any nationality.
- Photos must have been taken during the competition period from September 6 to October 8, 2010, Friday.
- Registration Fee is Three Hundred Pesos (P300.00). Registration fee covers a Certificate of Participation plus ten (10) entries of (8R) photographs. An additional thirty pesos (P30.00) will be charged for every additional photo. Each participant will be issued a Registration number that will be used in identifying the photographs upon submission of the entries. In case of disqualification, registration fees and entry fees are not refundable.
- Registration is until October 8, 2010, Friday, cut-off time is 5:00PM
- Participants can register at the Greater Subic Bay Tourism Bureau 2nd Floor Subic Bay Exhibit and Convention Center, Efficiency St., Subic Bay Gateway Park, Subic Bay Freeport Zone 2222. Registration forms can also be sent online thru our email and payment can be made thru bank. Payment should be made to Greater Subic Bay Tourism Bureau Inc. at BPI Account No. 8781-0026-24. Scan the registration form and deposit slip and email to [email protected] for confirmation.
- Entries must be exclusive to this contest only, and should not have been submitted as an entry in previous and on-going photo contests.
- Participants may use film based or digital cameras with RAW file format capability. For participants using digital cameras, only RAW files will be accepted (JPEG files will not qualify) Entries must be printed in full color with a size of 8R (8in X 10 in) with any printer and any photo paper together with the original unedited RAW file stored in a cd for digital images or film strip/s for film based cameras together with the registration form. Entries without the original unedited RAW file or film strips will likewise be disqualified. Cds must be properly marked.
- Entries must have English titles and must be unmounted and without borders. On a piece of paper, write your name, the title of the entries, location, and date taken together with the registration form.
- Enhancement is limited only to cropping. No digital manipulation is allowed. Creative effects done within the camera at the time of exposure, flash fill, lighting, and filters are allowed. Entries that have been digitally-manipulated will be disqualified.
- Identifying marks, signs and address to insinuate information of ownership is strictly prohibited on the photo entry and is disqualified
- Winning entries will be featured in select media publications, and in the contest organizers’ websites and the four areas.
DEADLINE AND JUDGING:
- Deadline of submission is on October 8, Friday at 5:00pm. All entries must have been received by this time whether by hand carry or thru mail to; Greater Subic Bay Tourism Bureau 2nd Floor Subic Bay Exhibit and Convention Center, Efficiency St., Subic Bay Gateway Park Subic Bay Freeport Zone 2222
- Judging of the photo contest and Awarding of the winners will be on October 16, 2010, Saturday, at The Lighthouse Marina Resort. Decision of the designated Board of Judges shall be final and un-appealable.
- The decision of the board of judges is final and binding.
- A photographer can win more than once.
- Winners will be notified thru phone or registered mail, and will be given specific instructions on how to claim their prizes. Their names will also be announced through print ads and posted on organizers’ website.
- As respect to the rights of the participating photographers, copyright of the images/ photos will remain with the photographers.
- The photographers allow/permit the organizer to use the photo entries to promote tourism and may include items that may be considered commercial such as postcards, calendars and other print and promotional materials.
- The photographer will be acknowledged every time the photos/images are used to promote tourism and may include items that may be considered commercial such as post cards, calendars and other print materials.
- Request for commercial use by to profit organizations, shall be referred to the photographers.
The Secretariat: Greater Subic Bay Tourism Bureau 2nd Floor Subic Bay Exhibit and Convention Center, Efficiency St., Subic Bay Gateway Park Subic Bay Freeport Zone 2222 (047) 252-5212 / 0939-5040200 / 0917-4093220 Email: [email protected] Website: www.greatersubik.com