Panagbenga 2022 Schedule of Activities
Team Out of Town Blog Hub (Outoftownblog.com) – The iconic Panagbenga Festival or Flower Festival of Baguio City has long been one of the most awaited celebrations in the country since it was founded more than 30 years ago. The Panagbenga Festival symbolizes the unparalleled creativity, colorful history, and spectacular teamwork of all Filipinos, especially the citizens of Baguio. This lively and colorful festival lasts for one whole month where countless dazzling and vibrant displays of the City of Pines’ colorful flowers are beautifully presented to visitors all over the city!
Now that our country is approaching the end of the COVID-19 pandemic, hopefully, it’s my pleasure to report to you that our most awaited Panagbenga Festival is now returning this 2022! After being postponed for two (2) years because of the health crisis, visitors are now encouraged by Vaccine Czar Carlito Galvez to join and have fun in Baguio City during the festival. Of course, as much as we’d love to go out there and interact with a massive crowd like before, I’m afraid these gatherings are still prohibited to prevent the possible scenario where COVID-19 cases rise once again.
So, are you ready for an exciting flowery summer in Baguio City? Well, this is the perfect time to discover Cordillera’s must-visit tourist attractions and, at the same time, enjoy the province’s rich culture, colorful tradition, and dazzling display of flowers. Suit yourselves because Baguio City Blooms Once Again with the Panagbenga Festival 2022!
2022 Special Edition: Panagbenga Festival Schedule of Activities
What are the activities at Panagbenga Festival? This year’s celebration of the Panagbenga Festival will be a little bit late because of the pandemic. Instead of beginning in February, the festival will run for the whole month of March, full of action-packed activities and eye-popping displays of colorful flowers. Listed below is the detailed schedule of the festival. Make sure to take note so you wouldn’t miss even a little bit of the fun!
- March 6 – Opening Ceremonies | Baguio Country Club Blooms Garden Exhibit | Reopening of Baguio Botanical Garden
- March 6 to 27 – Panagbenga Open Landscaping Exhibition
- March 13 – Handog ng Panagbenga sa Pamilya Baguio
- March 19 to 20 – 9th Stage Ronda Pilipinas
- March 19 to 27 – 2nd Montanosa Film Festival | Baguio Athletic Bowl
- March 20 – Panagbenga Open Dance Competition
- March 21 to 27 – Session Road in Bloom
- March 25 to 26 – Flower Tee Golf at Baguio Country Club
- March 27 – Closing Ceremony | Grand Fireworks Display
See? That’s a lot to be excited about and to forward to, right? Take your time to enjoy and experience all of them when you have the chance! Well, you should expect many more activities along the way when you visit Baguio City!
Before you plan on traveling to Baguio and experiencing the exciting Panagbenga Festival, please be reminded that only fully-vaccinated individuals are allowed to enter the city. Minors who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated must be accompanied by fully vaccinated guardians.
These safety measures are followed by the LGU to control the influx of visitors in Baguio, especially now that we are officially entering the summer season.
Updated Baguio Travel Requirements
As of February 21, 2022, these are the lists of travel requirements that visitors must comply with before they can enter the City of Pines:
- At least one (1) Government-Issued ID
- Vaccination Certificate / Vaccine Card
- Approved QR-Coded Tourist Pass from Visita Baguio
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated minors accompanied by their fully-vaccinated guardians are required to submit.
- Negative Antigen Test results at least within 24 hours before entry. Negative RT-PCR Test results conducted within 72 hours of entry are also accepted.
Those coming from areas under alert level 3 are required to present an Antigen Test result or RT-PCR Test result. Moreover, visitors under the age of 19 within these areas must follow the guidelines mentioned above for minors.
And that’s it! Be sure not to miss all the fun and excitement waiting for you at Baguio City’s Panagbenga Festival 2022! There’s no better place in the country to spend the summer with your family and friends than the City of Pines itself. Well, now that Panagbenga Festival 2022 is all set and ready to launch, there’s absolutely no stopping us from visiting Baguio City as soon as possible!