Once again, the Philippines has proved that it’s one of the most beautiful countries in the world. This time, two of its islands are included in the Conde Nast Traveler’s 2014 Top 30 Islands in the world.
In Conde Nast Traveler’s Top 30 list for 2014, Palawan is ranked number one. Well, the travel website made a right decision putting Palawan on top. The island is wondrous. In fact in this island, you can find one of the new Seven Wonders of the World – the Puerto Princesa Underground River. It’s a river located inside a subterranean cave. It has natural rock formations that are arranged in a beautiful way.
What to Do in Palawan?
El Nido Resort in Palawan
Here are the activities that you can do in Palawan.
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour – If you’re in Palawan, you can tour this majestic underground river. With a total length of 8.2 km, you will enjoy navigating this river. Inside the cave, you’ll be amazed with the natural rock formations. Also, you will see some bats there. But don’t worry, they are harmless.
- Honda Bay Island Tour – Honda Bay has one of the clearest waters in Palawan. It’s blue and you’ll definitely love doing underwater activities here. You can dive and snorkel and if you’re tired, you can have a picnic on its well-refined sand.
- Irawan Eco Park Adventure – Are you craving for some action? How about you do some zipline riding? If you’re on a zipline, you’ll know how Iron Man feels when he’s up in the air. And while on top, you’ll feel an adrenaline rush and you’ll see the beautiful forests of Palawan.
The island of Boracay Island is ranked number 12 in Conde Nast Traveler’s Top 30 Islands in the World. Despite being 11 spots below Palawan, Boracay is one of the top tourist spots of the country. Its pristine beaches with powder-like white sand attract countless tourists year after year.
What to Do in Boracay?
Here are the things you can do in Boracay.
- Swimming and Sunset Viewing – The sunset view in Boracay is priceless. And if you’re going to watch it, bring your special someone and feel the romance. Also, you can swim on Boracay’s world class beaches. You’ll love the azure waters with cool temperature.
- Parasailing – If you’re looking for a sky adventure, parasailing is a good option. You’ll experience a exhilarating ride that will pump you up. Also some might suggest that it’s like skydiving, only cheaper.
Palawan and Boracay are the pride of the Philippines. However, there are still a lot of places in the country that’s worth visiting. If you’ve never set foot to this amazing country, you’re missing an experience of a lifetime.