Last weekend, I was invited for a weekend getaway to experience Antipolo’s newest oriental themed nature spa called Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa. Along with other bloggers, we discovered another hidden paradise where anyone can easily visit and relax.
Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa
Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa
This place is a dream come true for people who enjoy relaxing in the water and trying different spa pools and water massage features. More than just the beautiful facility, I really like the well preserved flora and fauna at this new Destination Spa in Antipolo.
Relax while waiting for your Spa Treatment
Located in Antipolo City inside the Loreland Farm Resort, Luljetta’s is about an hour from Quezon City by car, unless you go at heavy traffic times but I guess thats very rare.
Seafood Pesto (photo by Luljetta’s)
If you plan it right you can spend the entire day testing out the waters, literally, and that’s just what you should do. If you’re really a spa lover you should probably just book a room at the resort, starting at 2500php per night.
Dr Fish Spa (photo by Luljetta’s)
Everything you could need and want in order to relax and enjoy a day at the spa is available. Verde, the restaurant at the resort, offers many delicious dishes and your food is sent to you at Luljetta’s when you make an order.
Skilled Spa Therapist
Upon arrival at the resort, we enjoyed a good serving of their Suman that is coated with crispy cashew nut and served with chocolate sauce.
Suman coated with crispy cashew with chocolate sause
I really like how they served their Suman – one of the famous products of Antipolo City. After having snacks, we went to our respective rooms to leave our bags then we headed back to Verde Restaurant for our resort tour.
We visited various pools and accommodation options the resort is currently offering and for our last stop, we visited the newest business venture of Loreland Realty and Development Corp. – The Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa. We stayed at the Hanging Garden Restaurant for an informal presscon with Mr. Ramon Marinas – the Managing Director of the property.
For dinner, we had some soup, vegetable salad and Pesto Pasta – something light and filling to prepare for our spa sessions.
Pathway to the Budha Lounge
While waiting for our Spa treatment, we enjoyed swimming at the pool near the Zen Lounge. The Zen Lounge is also a relaxing and cool place to hang out even during the heat of the day. Zen Lounge is also a perfect spot to enjoy your meal from Verde or from The Hanging Gardens Restaurant.
Perfect Place to Meditate
I had a massage from Marie – one of the skilled massage therapists in one of the lovely bamboo inspired massage huts – a full-body deep tissue massage that was perfect after a day of traveling and touring around the huge resort facility.
The Zen Lounge
I was surprised with the quality of massage from one of their massage therapist, she really knows where to focus and I really like their routines.
The Hanging Gardens of Antipolo
The first thing I noticed was that it must have taken a lot of work to get the spa built into the side of the mountain. Hanging gardens is exactly what this place is, hanging in what would be a cliffside.
Beef Tapa Breakfast at the Verde Restaurant
I would have expected it to be overrun with resort guests as well as outside visitors, but luckily the entrance is monitored so it doesn’t get too crowded.
Guests from Loreland Resort are not allowed to visit the premises unless they are booked for a Spa Treatment or they have prior arrangement from the front office of the resort.
- Head Massage – Php 300.00 / 30 minutes
- Back Massage – Php 300.00 / 30 minutes
- Luljettas Signature Massage – Php 500.00 / 1 hour – Combination massage strokes of Thai, Swedish and Reflex
- Ventosa with Whole Body Massage – Php 700.00 / 1 hour and 30 minutes – Uses heat resistance glasses to remove toxins from the body. The glasses will be warmed and applied to the back meridians, creating a vacuum to draw out the toxins. A soothing massage will be given to conclude the treatment.
- Foot or Hand Reflex – Php 300.00 / 30 minutes – Reflexology is a natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes within the hands and feet that correspond to every part, gland, and organ within the body. Through the application of pressure of these reflexes, it improves circulation and promotes natural function of related areas.
- Dr. Fish Spa – Php 100.00 / 30 minutes
- Foot Spa – Php 300.00 / 45 minutes – Pampering your feet commencing the treatment with scrubbing off dead skin from your foot and conclude with relaxing massage
- Herbal Foot Bath – Php 600.00 / 1 1/2 hours – Feet are soaked in a solution with detox herbs. These herbs will remove toxins through skin pores. Will be followed by scrubs, foot mask, and pedicure. To close the treatment, you will be pampered with a relaxing foot massage.
- Body Scrub – Php 700.00 / 1 hour – Choices of coffee scrub to detoxify and moisten skin or oatmeal and milk scrub to whiten and revitalize your skin.
- Ear Conning Treatment – Php 300.00 / 30 minutes
- Manicure – Php 100.00 / 30 minutes
- Pedicure – Php 100.00 / 30 minutes
You should book everything in advance if you want to get massages, foot treatments, or any of the special spa options. View their full spa menu before making a decision. If you’re like me, it won’t be easy to decide.
Artifacts from Mountain Province
So let’s talk about water. After all, that is the most obvious and dreamy feature of Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa. First there is the infinity pool with a view over Antipolo City, which sparkles at night but is mostly shrouded in green during the day.
Grilled Squid (photo by Luljetta’s)
Many people start up at the Dr. Fish Spa – a foot bath full of the little fish that nibble dead skin from your feet. This was a little unnerving and plenty of people were not into it, but it doesn’t hurt at all. The novelty was worthwhile to experience.
Infinity Pool and hydro massage area
But my favorite area was the hydro massage area. There are a variety of options where you can experiment with different water massage features, from a kind of rain massage where you lie on your stomach and the water falls on your back, to the inset “beds” in the water where your sides are massaged by jets.
Infinity Pool at Budha Lounge
Right beside the biggest infinity pool is the Buddha Lounge which is my second favorite area in the resort. This is where we have foot massage during our second day at the hanging gardens. I like the filipino and oriental inspired furnitures at the Buddha Lounge, it complemented the natural beauty of the place.
There’s nothing better than a watery garden to spend the day when the hot weather becomes overwhelming. Do yourself a favor and visit Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa. It’s going to be a regular pilgrimage for me, that is for certain.
The resort Spa is also offering Private Pool Party, Birthday Celebrations, group incentives and Prenup Packages.
Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens currently has a Rainy Season Promo which will run until September 29, 2013. For only Php500.00 per person, each guest can choose any of the three options.
- 45 minute foot spa and 1 hour full body massage
- 5 hour stay and use of water amenities at Phase 1 of Spa (sauna, hydro pool, heated jacuzzi and dr. fish spa)
- Consumption of food and beverage at Verde Restaurante to be served at Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens
For more information please visit their official website.
Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa
Loreland Farm Resort
Sitio Loreland, Brgy. San Roque,
Antipolo City, Philippines 1870
Phone: (02) 622 8779
Mobile: (0917) 544 4432
Email: [email protected]
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am-11pm
Closed on Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays (unless pre-arranged or pre-booked)