Lima Park Hotel to Hold Bisikleta Iglesia 2017 in April: Pray and Pedal with the “Running Priest”
Table of Contents
Lima Park Hotel wants people to hit the road this coming Lenten Season to find heavenly inspiration.
The hotel is encouraging those who are looking for spiritual encounters while on the road to participate this year’s “Bisikleta Iglesia.” The event will be held on April 8, 2017. Participants are set to visit seven churches all in all. The journey spans more than 5 kilometers of rustic roads in Batangas.
Pedal and Pray with the “Running Priest”
What makes Bisikleta Iglesia more special is that Father Robert Reyes, popularly known as the “Running Priest,” will participate in the event for an added spiritual dimension.
“We are blessed because for the first time we are having a priest join our Bisikleta Iglesia,” said Rose Landicho, Director for Marketing and Corporate Communications of Lima Park Hotel. “The participation of Fr. Robert Reyes no doubt makes this Bisikleta Iglesia more meaningful and inspiring.”
Landicho added that the priest is perfect for the event as he is well-renowned for using sports to show his faith and promote his advocacies.
The Bisikleta Iglesia 2017 will commence in Malvar. Roadsters will pass through the hilly winding roads of Balete all the way to the “Little Rome of the Philippines,” Lipa.
Churches to Visit
Participants on this pilgrimage and heritage tour will be visiting these churches:
- Nino Parish Church in Marawoy
- Sacred Heart Chapel in Marian Orchard – this is a famous pilgrimage site in Balete
- Divino Amor Chapel-Redemptorist, Lipa City – this is where devotees of the Our Mother of Perpetual Help come together
- Parish of Mary, Mediatrix of All Grace, a religious site in Lipa popular among Marian devotees
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Monastery, well-renowned for its mysterious rose petal shower
- Metropolitan Cathedral of San Sebastian, which serves as the seat of the Archdiocese of Lipa
- Parish Church of St. Therese of the Child Jesus – this is the last stop before heading back to Lima Park Hotel
Promotes Ecotourism and Fitness
The event is also an opportunity to promote taking care of the environment and getting fit, according to Bong Evangelista, Jr., Resident Manager of Lima Park Hotel.
In fact, last year, cyclists who joined in the event saved up to P12,000 worth of gasoline.
It can be remembered that in the 2016 edition of Bisikleta Iglesia, a mix of locals, foreigners, and domestic tourists participated in the event. The participants were professional, no-pro bikers, and enthusiasts from as young as 10 years old to 5 years old.
With regard to the registration fee, those who are interested will have to fork out P398 from their pocket. This will include breakfast, packed snacks, buffet lunch, commemorative Bisikleta Iglesia 2017 jersey, plus a chance to grab gift certificates from the hotel.
That’s not all Lima Park Hotel is offering. It also has a special Bisikleta Iglesia Weekend offer for only P2,950 for an overnight stay in a Superior Room for a maximum of four persons. The package also includes complimentary breakfast for two.
For bookings and other queries, you may reach the hotel at (043) 981.1555 or (0917) 504.23 85 and (0925) 504.2385.
- Traveling to Bangkok? Check Out This List of Best Bangkok Luxury Hotels
- Ultimate List of Best Makati City Luxury Hotels
- Check Out These List of Best Tagaytay Luxury Hotels
- Ultimate List of the Best Singapore Luxury Hotels
- Ultimate List of Best Hotels and Resorts in Kyoto, Japan
- Top Picks: 10 Best Hotels in Sapporo, Japan
- Ultimate List of The Best Hotels and Resorts in Osaka, Japan