Tourism Promotion Taglines in Asian countries is really becoming an integral part of each countries tourism marketing campaign. Last week, The Philippine Department of Tourism’s “It’s more fun in the Philippines” tagline gained momentum by becoming a trending topic in social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
Thailand recently teamed up with VISA by launching an online contest giving its customers a chance to win an all-expense-paid trip to Thailand simply by watching a “Happy Matt–in Thailand” video and answering a few simple questions over at www.visagoexplore.com/gothailand.
TAT Governor, Suraphon Svetasreni, Tourism Mascot Sook Jai and Matt Harding
TAT Governor, Suraphon Svetasreni, and Tourism Mascot Sook Jai welcome Internet dance sensation and global travel ambassador, Matt Harding to show that Thailand is once again ready to welcome tourists from around the world. Matt is in town to produce a new internet video urging his fans and followers to support Thailand and start travelling again.
Consumers are highly encouraged to also share the contest through their social networks like FB and Twitter. Contest ends on March 23, 2012. Full terms and conditions of the contest can be seen here: https://www.visa-promotions.com/gothailand/includes/uploads/GoThailand_termsA23Dec2011.pdf
- To participate in the Promotion, each participant must be a citizen of, and hold a valid passport issued from, one of the Eligible Countries.
- Answers that are successfully submitted and received by Visa under the Promotion Mechanics will be entered into a contest where the most creative answer will entitle the participant to receive Thailand travel vouchers worth up to S$5,000 (Singapore dollars). The details and item inclusions of the prize are at the absolute discretion of Visa.
- Participants are required to provide first name, last name, email address, contact numbers and passport numbers (“Required Personal Details”) in order to submit their entry. All Required Personal Details must be properly and accurately stated and Visa reserves the right to disqualify any entry with inaccurate, unclear or missing details.
- Each participant may only submit ONE entry. Visa may disqualify a participant if he/she submits multiple entries
- Only entries entered to the Visa go Explore Web Page during the Promotion Period by eligible participants will be considered as official contest entries. All other entries are not eligible.
- At the end of the Promotion Period, Visa will select the winner based on creativity of the answer, based on Visa’s sole judgment and discretion. Visa’s decision is final and no challenges/queries shall be entertained. Visa shall not be required to furnish any reasons or justification for its decision.