For the nth time, Boracay’s did it again! TripAdvisor’s 2015 Traveller’s Choice Awards recently named Boracay’s White Beach as the best beach in Asia. That’s right! Our very own topped even world-renowned Asian beaches found in Thailand, Cambodia, India, and others.
Boracay Perfect Day by Angelo Juan Ramos from Makati City via Wikimedia Commons
Boracay earned this distinction because it offers calm and warm waters and gentle, sloping sands. According to the site, White Beach is very relaxing and likely the most beautiful beach in Asia! They also added that the island’s peak season is from December to May.
Boracay Sun Setting by Lachlan Fearnley via Wikimedia Commons
The famous island destination is also hailed as Asia’s 24/7 Island. It’s not only White Beach that earned a place in TripAdvisor’s list. Also included is Boracay’s Puka Shell (Yapak) Beach. Even El Nido’s Secret Lagoon Beach earned a slot!
The full list of Asia’s 25 Best Beaches are:
1. White Beach, Boracay, Aklan (Philippines)
2. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island (Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
3. Nai Harn Beach, Rawaii (Thailand)
4. Ngapali Beach, Ngapali (Myanmar)
5. Yapak (Puka Shell) Beach, Boracay, Aklan (Philippines)
6. Agonda Beach, Agonda (India)
7. Railay Beach, Railay (Thailand)
8. Kata Noi Beach, Karon (Thailand)
9. Phra Nang Beach, Ao Nang (Thailand)
10. Otres Beach, Sihanoukville (Cambodia)
11. Palolem Beach, Canacona (India)
12. Varkala Beach, Varkala (India)
13. Nusa Dua Beach, Nusa Dua (Indonesia)
14. Mandrem Beach, Mandrem (India)
15. Yonaha Maehama Beach, Miyakojima (Japan)
16. Secret Lagoon Beach, El Nido, Palawan (Philippines)
17. Cavelossim Beach, Cavelossim (India)
18. Cua Dai Beach, Hoi An (Vietnam)
19. Sunrise Beach, Ko Lipe, Satun Province (Thailand)
20. Haeundae Beach, Busan (South Korea)
21. Thong Nai Pan Noi, Ko Phangan, Surat Thani Province (Thailand)
22. Dhanushkodi Beach, Rameswaram (India)
23. Yalong Bay, Sanya (China)
24. Nishihama Beach, Hateruma-jima Taketomi-cho, Yaeyama-gun (Japan)
25. Benaulim Beach, Benaulim (India)
The Department of Tourism (DOT) is very ecstatic for this achievement. According to them, it is a significant accolade because it has been determined based on millions of reviews and ratings from travelers sharing their experiences on TripAdvisor.
Witness White Beach’s beauty yourself! Make sure Boracay is on your list of travel destinations this coming summer.