The Panagbenga Festival 2014 also popularly known as Baguio Flower Festival will be celebrating its 18th year in 2014. The Festival organizers already started planning for the event as early as 2013.
Baguio Flower Festival: 2014 Panagbenga Festival
The Baguio Panagbenga Festival is considered as one of the most attended festival in the Philippines and one with the largest media coverage. The word Panagbenga was rooted from a Kankanaey term which means “Seasons of blooming ” or “a time for flowering”. This Flower Festival was originally celebrated as a tribute to the beautiful flowers of Baguio City and as a way increase tourism arrivals after the devastating effects of the earthquake in 1990.
Heres the complete and final Panagbenga Festival 2014 Calendar Of Activities
- Kickoff: Opening ritual at Panagbenga Park
- Drum and lyre competition at Athletic Bowl
- Opening of Baguio Blooms – Landscaping competition (Burnham Park)
- Philippine Military Academy Alumni Homecoming
- Handog ng Panagbenga sa Pamilya Baguio (Burnham Park)
- Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom painting activity (Melvin Jones Arena)
- Panagbenga Street Dancing Parade
- Grand Flower Float parade
February 24 to March 2
- Session Road in Bloom
- Pony Boys’ Day at Wright Park
- Closing Ceremonies and Grand Fireworks Display
Panagbenga Travel Information
Location: The Flower Festival is celebrated yearly in Baguio City
How to get there:
By Bus: You can book and buy your bus tickets in Advance in any Victory Liner Bus Terminal in Cubao, Pasay and Manila. Travel time from Manila to Baguio usually takes 5-7 hours depending on the traffic.