The youth travelers around the world are now gaining ground as they are now considered as a target market by tourism organizations around the world.
The Philippine Department of Tourism started the campaign early as they recently launched “Awesome Philippines” in partnership with MTV Pilipinas in their segment called MTV Revelations.
Yesterday, I was invited to attend in the launch of the tourism campaign together with fellow Travel Bloggers and other blogger friends. Finally, our very own tourism movers are now convinced that th “New Media” is indeed a perfect and effective medium for local and international marketing campaign.
With the use of Holiday Remix video vignettes, the campaign aims to promote the Philippines to young and free spirited travelers from different international market which includes the United States, the UK, Canada, Australia, China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Do you have what it takes to become the best video remixer? Heres how :
AWESOME PHILIPPINES PROMO MECHANICS
- Create your dream holiday video by remixing video travel clips, photos and music tracks from www.awesomephilippines.com .
- Find the different clips of specific destinations in the Video Remixer.
- Pick and edit cuts of the different travel clips and photos based on your own storyline.
- Choose the soundtrack of your video from the songs available.
- Register to enter the contest. As a user, you may submit more than one video entry.
- All submitted videos will be showcased in the website (www.awesomephilippines.com ) gallery and widgets.
- Your video will be rated by other registered users via a thumbs-up, thumbs-down system.
- Videos with the highest ratings will be short listed. From the shortlist, 11 videos will be selected by MTV Asia and the Philippine Department of Tourism as the winning entries.
- Each creator of a winning video will get to fulfill his/her dream holiday with a friend.
This promo runs from February 27 to May 24, 2009. All submitted videos will automatically become the property of the Philippine Department of Tourism.
They also has another interesting web enabled project that employs the amazing technology of virtual reality world called Second Life.
Second Life (SL) according to wiki is a virtual world developed by Linden Lab that launched on June 23, 2003 and is accessible via the Internet. A free client program called the Second Life Viewer enables its users, called Residents, to interact with each other through avatars.
Residents of Second Life can soon explore Philippines most beautiful and awesome destinations, meet other residents, socialize, participate in individual and group activities, and create and trade virtual property and services with one another, or travel throughout the world, which residents refer to as the grid.
I’ve been promoting the Philippines online since 1998 and I’ve seen how tourism promotion and campaigns have changed. From CNN to MTV to Second Life… I cant wait for the next and upcoming marketing campaigns.