What is AirAsia Freedom Flyer Programme?
Freedom Flyer Programme is the loyalty programme of AirAsia, that is designed to reward our members for flying with AirAsia. There are 4 status in the programme – Red, Gold, Platinum and Black, each offering our members a wide range of rewards and privileges.
AirAsia BIG Freedom Flyer Programme Fact Sheet
- A free membership that lasts a lifetime.
- A unique and truly rewarding ecosystem of BIG Points that can be earned and redeemed at selected partners in markets served by AirAsia such as Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
- BIG Points awarded to members do not expire unless a member has nil activity for a continuous period of 36 months.
- BIG Points can be used to redeem all flights on AirAsia for a minimum of 500 BIG Points.
- Seats available for redemptions are designed to suit varying traveling needs of members:
a) Final Call Sale – Selected seats for travel in the next 60 days is priced at up to 90% discount from prevailing market fares during this monthly promotion. The best offers on Final Call Sale starts at 500 BIG Points for a one-way seat. No other airline loyalty programme offers this level of generosity.
b) BIG Fixed Points – Selected seat for travel up to next 365 days is available for redemption at blocks of BIG Points based on flight hours, representing up to 70% discount from prevailing market fares. The Fixed Point redemption is as follows:
4500 BIG Points One-way seat for flights up to 1 hour
6500 BIG Points One-way seat for flights up to 2 hours
10,500 BIG Points One-way seat for flights up to 3 hours
16,500 BIG Points One-way seat for flights up to 4 hours
20,500 BIG Points One-way seat for flights up to 5 hours
25,000 BIG Points One-way seat for flights up to 6 hours
30,000 BIG Points One-way seat for flights up to 8 hours
45,000 BIG Points One-way seat for flights above 8 hours
c) Market Fare redemption – When seats are no longer available for discounted redemption via Final Call Sale or BIG Fixed Points, all available seats are still able to be redeemed at market price translated to BIG Points at MYR 1 for every 100 BIG Points.
6. A unique membership status system for members that is dependently solely on the frequency of flights with AirAsia in the preceding twelve months:
Red status Less than 13 one-way flights
Gold status Between 14 to 23 one-way flights
Platinum status Between 24 to 49 one-way flights
Black status 50 and above one-way flights
A one-way long-haul travel on AirAsia X and fly-thru flights are counted as 2X one-way flights for purposes of membership status qualification. It is doubly rewarding to travel long haul on AirAsia X.
This unique membership status system is unlike the traditional concept which is often dependent on the amount of money member spent on the airline or any special social / corporate status held by the member.
- Selected AirAsia co-brand credit cardholders enjoy a special privileged promotion to Platinum status for the first year of being a cardholder. At the time of this press release, cardholders of AirAsia-CIMB Niaga co-brand credit card in Indonesia enjoy this very special privilege that enables cardholders to enjoy the full benefits of Platinum status immediately upon activation of the co-brand credit card. Subsequent year continuous qualification is dependent on:
- a) Cardholders achieving a minimum spend of IDR 30 mil for the preceding 12 months from activation of co-brand credit card and with at least IDR 2 mil spend on AirAsia;
- b) Cardholders flew more than 24 one-way flights on AirAsia. If cardholders flew more than 50 one-way flights on AirAsia, they will be promoted to the most exclusive Black status.
Participation of other AirAsia co-brand credit card programmes across the region will be announced in due course.
- The membership status of a member determines the level of accelerated earn structure for BIG Points the member will enjoy:
|Fare Type||BIG Points earned for every MYR 10 spent|
|Low Fare||up to 15||up to 30||up to 55||up to 100|
|Premium Flex / Premium Flatbed||20||40||70||120|
Awarding of BIG Points is automatic upon members completing the flight and members need not worry about missing points. All members need to do is to ensure they log in with their BIG Member ID when booking their flights.
- All members enjoy a special 24-hour priority access to AirAsia’s hugely popular Free Seats campaign that happen several times during the year. All co-brand cardholders also enjoy 1 week of priority access to the monthly Final Call Sale redemption.
- Members with insufficient point balance to perform full redemption of seats with BIG Points have the option of selecting “BIG Points + Cash” to complete a seat redemption with ease.
Two other exclusive features of AirAsia’s Freedom Flyer Programme will be introduced in the coming months:
- Membership Status Discounts depending on the membership status and the type of fares purchased. This enables members to fully maximise the value of BIG Points when redemption seats are priced at prevailing market fare.
- Differentiated airline privileges to be granted for traveling members depending on membership status of the member.
|Earn & Redeem with BIG Points|
Besides earning BIG Points from flying with AirAsia, members can also earn BIG Points from:
- Signing up for AirAsia’s co-brand credit cards with partner banks across the region where BIG Points are issued for their everyday spending.
- Converting their bank and other loyalty points to BIG Points.
- Patronising at over 100 travel and lifestyle partners worldwide.
Apart from redeeming for seats on AirAsia, BIG Points can also be used to redeem hotel stays, exciting travel attractions/ activities as well as e-vouchers on selected partners.
|Stay Connected with AirAsia BIG Loyalty|
To fully enjoy all the perks and privileges of AirAsia’s Freedom Flyer Programme, members simply need to download AirAsia BIG Loyalty’s all new mobile app available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Members are encouraged to turn on the notifications service to ensure they do not miss out on the latest flight promotions, newly introduced membership features and exclusive privileges offered from time-to-time.
Members can also find out more on our all-new website airasiabig.com, subscribe to our email newsletter and/or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.